What is your business without marketing strategies? More than likely, when you first started out you had a whole plan on ways you could network and talk with your audience. And, like most, you peaked interest. However, just like with anything, business has a way of hitting a plateau.
So, how do you get past the slump? How do you get your audience interested again? More importantly, how do you continue to grow your business? All great questions, and I’ve got the answers.
Grow your business with these 4 #marketing strategies:Tweet
Content may be king, but video is where the money is. Meaning, even though you should be utilizing all forms of content (and really, you should), most of your time needs to be invested in video. However, this doesn’t mean making tons of small clips, nor does it mean rushing to get promos out. Investing time in video means creating content that works. Even if you put out only 1 video a month, make each one of them better than the last. Research, create, edit, test… all these things help you utilize video in a new way so that you can take advantage of this content and reap the benefits.
Video Stats You Should Know
- 87% of online marketers use video content
- One-third of online activity is spent watching video
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs. (more on organic in our next section!)
Search Engine Optimization. If you’ve been following along, you most likely have heard us mention this a few times in past blog posts. Truth is, SEO is the easiest way to grow your business – no joke. Why? Because it’s free. No money spent on programs or any of that jazz. If you have a site, you just need an SEO plug in (depending on your host) and Google Analytics to track your data. And guess what, those are free too!
Think of it this way, Google provides billions of search results every day. If you are able to optimize and come up for some of those top results, imagine the growth you could see. And, the more work you put into it, the more it pays off.
SEO Stats Just For You
- SEO can drive a 14.6% conversion rate.
- 18% of organic clicks go to the page on the first position
- The number of search engine users in the US was 213.6 million in 2014
Okay, so I’m going to mention paid methods just once in this article. It’s true ads can be tricky, but it’s also true that if used in the right way they can be extremely effective. It also depends on where you use ads. Not every company will succeed by using Google or Bing ads, test out social ads as well! Then, understand content and budget. Every platform has its own guidelines. Look into what performs best, how you should be setting up ad spend, etc.
- Businesses make an average of $2 in income for every $1 they spend in AdWords
- 43% of new customers buy something they saw in a YouTube ad
- 97% of social advertisers choose Facebook as their most useful social media platform
- 25% of people who see a social ad, will then respond by visiting the store or website
Last, but most certainly not least, you need to understand lead nurturing as it relates to email campaigns. Even if someone just downloads a resource or signs up for a newsletter, it’s your job to then nurture them and push them down the funnel as a way to get that sale. Email is one of the best ways to do this. Once you have their information, it’s up to you to provide. What content do they need next? Have they visited other aspects of your site? Is it worth reaching out to them for a call? Email isn’t just a way to communication or content distribution. It aids in elevating your current contacts so that you can continue to grow.
Email Stats to Be Aware of
- Active email accounts are expected to hit 5.6 billion
- 40% of B2B marketers say email newsletters are most critical to their content marketing success
- More than 50% of subscribers check their personal email account more than 10 times a day
- Segmented campaigns note as much as a 760% increase in revenue
So, there you have it – 4 easy to implement marketing strategies to help your business grow. Need more insights into how to implement these strategies for your business? See how I can help!